Friday, December 1, 2023


    All dogs and cats within the city limits shall be licensed.

    Licenses are due in January of each year and can be purchased at the City Office.

    Starting 01/01/2021, all animal permits are FREE.

    Fill out and return by mail, in person or by email to City Hall

    Proof of Rabies vaccination is required at time of purchase. 

    New pets should be licensed as soon as they are brought into city limits.

    If you're animal is not registerd by March 1st, a $50 FINE will be added to the animal registration.

    Owners of animals must realize there are leash laws and barking laws that your animal must follow or you will receive a notice from the City. The fines for these offenses vary by definition in the City code.


    BUILDING PERMIT is required to be filled out and approved by the Centralia Council before any project can be started with the Centralia City Limits.
    If your lots fall inside a FLOOD PLAIN, you must obtain a permit from the state before filling out our building permit.
    Not sure if your property lands in a flood plain, check here
    Fill out and bring the completed permit to City Hall and once approved, a copy will be sent to the resident via mail.
    There are ordinances that list the requirements any new building whether it is a house, garage, fence or addition need to follow.
    If you would like to see a copy of the Ordinances (4.203-204C), you can view them HERE. If you have any questions, call City Hall at 785-857-3764.

  • There has not been an interest for city wide garage sales for 2022.

    If you are interested, please call 785-857-3764 and speak with the City Clerk.


  • Newsletters

    The City Clerk puts out a Newsletter every quarter for Area Centralia Residents.
    There are Community Events and Reminders for the upcoming 3 months. 

    2020 marked the last of the City Newsletters. There is no plans for more to be printed and sent out.

    The Newsletter are realeased December 1st, March 1st, June 1st and September 1st.
    If you do not receive one and would like to receive these quarterly, please contact City Hall at 785-857-3764.
    If you have an event to be listed, please email details of the event to

    Newsletter 1Newsletter 2  - Newsletter 3 - Newsletter 4         (2016)

    Newsletter 5 - Newsletter 6 - Newsletter 7 - Newsletter 8          (2017)

    Newsletter 9 - Newsletter 10 - Newsletter 11 - Newsletter 12     (2018)

    Newsletter 13 - Newsletter 14 - Newsletter 15 - Newsletter 16   (2019)

    Newsletter 17 - Newsletter 18 - Newsletter 19 - Newsletter 20   (2020)


    If you have an issue with a person, place or animal in town, please call City Hall at 785-857-3764.
    The City Clerk can help you fill out a citizen complaint if warrented.
    You may fill out the Citizen Complaint form and send it to City Hall, P.O. Box 247, Centralia, KS 66415.
    All complaints will be investigated by the City Code Enforcement Officer.


    You may register to vote at the Nemaha County Clerks Office located at 607 Nemaha Street, Seneca, KS 66538.

    Voting occurs in Centralia at the Centralia Area Community Building located at 106 John Riggins Avenue, Centralia, KS 66415.

    Listing of positions open during election years:

    YEAR               POSITION OPEN FOR ELECTION               

    2023                (2) Council Members (1) Mayor

    2025                (3) Council Members

    2027                (2) Council Members (1) Mayor

    2029                (3) Council Members

    2031                (2) Council Members (1) Mayor

    2030                (3) Council Members

Important Numbers

For All Emergencys call 911
Centralia Fire Department call 857-3516
Centralia Post Office call 857-3580
Non-Emergency Police call 336-2311
Kansas Gas Services (800-794-4780)
Blue Valley Telephone (877-876-1228)
KS Dig- Safe (1-800-344-7233)